My favorite place to find jars is at local thrift stores or the local market when supplies are on sale.
I was splendidly surprised to see beautiful strawberries in the market, a glorious sight in North Idaho!
Must be time for more canning!
The following is not an exhaustive list of items but it is helpful for hot water bath canning:
- Hot Water Bath Canner
- Jar Lifter
- Canning Jars: Regular or Wide Mouth Half Pint, Pint, Quart, or 2 Quart depending on the item you are canning and your needs. If they are used, make sure there are no cracks or chips.
- Lids and Seals: Reuglar or Wide Mouth sizes
- Pectin, Liquid Pectin, or Clear Jel
- Sweetner: Sugar or fruit juice
- White Vinegar
- The Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving There are many recipies avaialable online, but this book is extrememly handy to have for reference.
More information on this upcoming Canning Class in May 2016